To design and construct a fiber-reinforced concrete bowling ball that achieves optimal performance for specified tests and tasks.
1. Each team shall have a 4 persons.
2. Participants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and postgraduate program.
3. A team is limited three to four individuals. A student may not be a member of more than one team. Each team may submit one entry.
1. Each team shall bring two concrete bowling balls to the competition.
2. The bowling balls’ mass shall not exceed 5.5 kg.
3. The bowling balls shall be spherical (no finger holes) and measure 200 mm ± 15 mm diameter.
4. The bowling balls may be solid (homogeneous) or core-filled. If core-filled, the maximum density of the filler material shall be no greater than 2400 kg/m3.
5. Modification of entries shall not be permitted once they are submitted for the competition.
FINAL REPORT (max 20 pages excluding cover page)
- Structural design
- Material design
- Construction procedure
- Project management and Cost Analysis
- Summary of sustainable and innovative approaches
- Summary and conclusions
- A copy of the completed registration form
- Plagiarisms are not allowed
- If any reference taken from journals, books, website., mention that clearly
COMPLIANCE WITH COMPETITION RULES :
IC-ACI Students Chapter reserve the right to perform detailed examination of entries for compliance with the competition rules. Due to the complexity of this task, examination may bedone after the competition. If the examination shows that a participant did not adhere to the rules, he/she will be disqualified.
Last Date for Registration : 25/12/17
Last Date for Preliminary Report Submission : 15/01/18
Last Date for Main Report Submission : 03/02/18
- Design Details
- Material Usage
Preliminary Report Include, ( Max of 15 Pages )